The Very Best Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Burger
This recipe works every time, because it combines simple, premium quality ingredients and just the right kick of Tabasco Pepper Sauce to add a punch of WOW! You can make the patties ahead of time, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before grilling. Real bison burgers enthusiasts usually want more than one, so fortunately this recipe easily doubles or triples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated)
- Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes (5-6 minutes per side on the grill for well done – RECOMMENDED)
- Serves: Four bison burger enthusiasts
Per ½ cup (100g) Pure Lean Carmen Creek Gourmet Ground Bison
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 11g (16% Daily Value based on 2000 daily calorie intake)
- Protein: 20g
- 1 lb. Carmen Creek Gourmet Ground Bison (fresh or fully thawed)
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 shakes Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. powdered garlic or 1 tsp. fresh minced
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- Olive oil spray to coat
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except oil olive to form four patties. Do not over handle, squeeze or compress the meat.
- Lightly spray both sides of the burger with olive oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
- Grill on the first side for 5-6 minutes until juices start to come through. Turn once and grill on the other side for another 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature of 160° F.
- Let burgers rest 5-10 minutes so juices settle.