- Pre heat BBQ grill to HIGH.
- Mix salt and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Fully wet your hands with very COLD water.
- Press spice mixture into the entire surface of the meat.
- Sear roast on lightly oiled grill for 4 minutes each side to lock in juices.
- Remove roast and place on a platter.
- Cover the surface of the roast with the chopped garlic cloves.
- Return roast to BBQ and place on the TOP/UPPER grill with a roasting pan underneath on the lower grill to catch drippings.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast and allow to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F for rare or 140°F for medium rare.
- Move the roast directly to a cutting board, loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes to let juices settle. The internal temperature will increase another 10 degrees during this time.
- Carve with grain and serve.
Note: If you wish, deglaze the dripping pan on the stovetop with a good splash of red wine. Add 1-½ cups of beef broth and thicken with a roux to achieve gravy consistency.