Tangy Apple Currant Glazed Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Meatballs
The perfect meal for a crisp autumn evening. The deep red sheen of the glaze makes this a beautiful meal to plate with a creamy risotto on the side.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Serves: 6 to 8 people
Per ½ cup Pure Lean Carmen Creek Gourmet Ground Bison
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 11g (16% Daily Value based on 2000 daily calorie intake)
- Protein: 20g
- 4 dozen cooked Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Meatballs
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups apple jelly
- 1 ½ cups red currant jelly
You can substitute red pepper jelly for the red currant jelly. This will create a sharper flavor.
- Combine ketchup and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Stir in both jellies.
- Pour the mixture over cooked meatballs, which have been placed in baking dish.
- Heat gently (uncovered) at 325˚F for 20-25 minutes until sauce is bubbling.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving over rice or pasta.