Spicy Saucy Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Meatballs
Got a crowd coming over? Give them a taste they won’t forget! These meatballs are great on their own as an appetizer or served as a meal with rice or pasta. Either way, they deliver a bold, wake up your mouth taste that has everyone asking for more.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes using fully cooked meatballs
- Cook Time: Total cooking time 25-30 minutes
- Serves: 8 people as a full meal or 16 as an appetizer
Per ½ cup Pure Lean Carmen Creek Gourmet Ground Bison
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 11g (16% Daily Value based on 2000 daily calorie intake)
- Protein: 20g
- 4 dozen cooked Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Meatballs
- 2 tbsp. green relish
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 7 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. vinegar (use Balsamic if you like a sharper flavor)
- Good pinch of cracked black pepper
- Mix everything except the meatballs together in a large non-stick pan.
- Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add cooked meatballs and cook gently for another 10-15 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
The recipe easily doubles.