Spicy Coconut Red Onion Marmalade
If you like coconut, you’ll love this exotic marmalade. A touch of curry makes it very spicy, but you can turn down the heat by leaving it out. Either way, it is delicious!
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 medium red onions thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (cut by half or omit for milder flavor)
- I small can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
This recipe will yield 8 heaping tablespoons of sauce. The marmalade can be served warm or cold.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the sugar and curry paste and whisk until dissolved.
- Turn heat to simmer and reduce until liquid turns into a thick glaze consistency.
- Fold in fresh rosemary and remove from heat.
- Spoon over cooked steaks.