Seriously Simple Carmen Creek Gourmet Prime Rib Roast
This is quite possibly the easiest way to create a magnificent bison prime rib. The unique rub mixture keeps the roast moist and creates a very flavorful crust. The only trick is keeping the oven door closed. You’ll be tempted to open the door and inhale deeply.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: Total oven time 65 to 70 minutes
- Serves: Six generously
Per 100g Pure, Lean Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Roast (Meat Only)
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 22g
- One 3lb. Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Prime Rib Roast (Fresh or fully thawed)
- ¼ cup of grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of mild horseradish
- 6-8 cloves of roasted garlic* (this needs to be roasted ahead of time to release a caramelized, sweet balance to the horseradish)
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning Spice
*You can either buy pre-roasted garlic, or cut whole garlic in half to expose inside cloves. Drizzle both halves with olive oil. Wrap in foil and roast at 400°F for an hour. Carefully scoop out cloves.
- Preheat oven to 480°F for 20 minutes.
- Mix spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl to create a paste. Be sure to fully mash the roasted garlic cloves.
- Rub spice mixture on meaty sides of the roast.
- Place roast, bone side down on a lightly oiled rack inside a roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan UNCOVERED into center of the oven and roast for 30 minutes at 480°F.
- Shut the oven off.
- Leave the roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until roast reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. RESIST THE URGE TO OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Remove roast to a cutting board and loosely tent with foil.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes while the juices settle. The internal temperature will increase another 10 degrees while resting.
- Carve with a sharp knife.
- Note: Deglaze the roasting pan with red wine, add beef stock and a roux to create a rich gravy.