Honey Ale Ginger Lime Marinade
This unusual combination of sweet and citrus creates a lovely tangy flavor with surprising depth. You may have to sample a few different honey brown ales to find the right one. Oh well…
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of honey brown ale (or more depending on your research mission)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- Juice from 2 limes
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh, peeled, minced ginger
- 1 tsp. Tabasco brand pepper sauce or for more bite, use chipotle pepper sauce
Makes enough for four 8 oz. steaks. Recipe can be doubled.
Marinades can be made the night before, or the day of cooking. For best results, marinate Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Steaks in the refrigerator overnight or for 4-6 hours before cooking.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in one layer in a shallow baking dish or in sealable food storage bags.
- Pour marinade over steaks evenly to ensure the surface is covered.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap or seal food storage bags.
- Place on the middle rack of refrigerator. If you are using food storage bags, lay them flat on the rack.
- Halfway through the marinating process, turn the steaks over in the casserole dish, or turn over the food storage bags to ensure both sides of the steaks have equal exposure to the marinade.
- To cook, remove steaks from marinade and place on a clean plate.
- To ensure your food safety, discard all of the marinade. Do not save or reuse it.