Herb Garden Savory Marinade
Fresh summer herbs make this earthy fragrant marinade, which adds a zesty touch of tenderness.
- 2 ¼ tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ¼ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves very finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
This makes enough for four 8 oz. steaks. Recipe can be doubled.
Marinades can be made the night before, or the day of cooking. For best results, marinate Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Steaks in the refrigerator overnight or for 4-6 hours before cooking.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in one layer in a shallow baking dish or in sealable food storage bags.
- Pour marinade over steaks evenly to ensure the surface is covered.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap or seal food storage bags.
- Place on the middle rack of refrigerator. If you are using food storage bags, lay them flat on the rack.
- Halfway through the marinating process, turn the steaks over in the casserole dish, or turn over the food storage bags to ensure both sides of the steaks have equal exposure to the marinade.
- To cook, remove steaks from marinade and place on a clean plate.
- To ensure your food safety, discard all of the marinade. Do not save or reuse it.