Easy Elegant Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Chateaubriand With Horseradish Sauce
This is an elegant meal that creates a beautiful entrée for a special occasion. The creamy horseradish offers a tangy contrast to the mild, slightly sweet taste of the bison.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes to assemble sauce
- Cook Time: 10 minutes total for pan searing and 8 minutes for oven roasting
- Serves: Four generous servings. Recipe can be doubled.
Per 100g Pure, Lean Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Roast (Meat Only)
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 22g
- One 2lb. Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Chateaubriand (fresh or fully thawed)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 3 ½ tbsp. drained (not creamed) horseradish
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. each of coarse sea salt and cracked pink and black peppercorns
This recipe also works well with a Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Sirloin or Tenderloin roast.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Rub Chateaubriand with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive in heavy cast iron pan until medium hot, but not smoking.
- Sear the roast 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the roast to an uncovered pan and roast for 8 minutes at 300°F to finish.
- Immediately remove stovetop skillet from heat and add butter and horseradish, stirring and scraping up any brown bits. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and gently whisk for a smooth consistency. Keep warm, but do not boil.
- Remove roast from the oven and loosely tent with foil for 10 minutes to let juices settle.
- Spoon sauce over Chateaubriand before slicing.
- This recipe will result in a Chateaubriand with medium end cuts and a medium rare center.