Blackberry Bourbon Mint Sauce
This elegant, smooth sauce has a very distinctive, yet mild minty taste. It’s rich dark color adds a lovely dimension to
a plated Carmen Creek Gourmet Bison Steak entrée.
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 heaping tbsp. blackberry jam
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
This recipe will yield 1 cup of sauce, which is enough to spoon over 4 steaks.
- Melt butter and olive in medium saucepan.
- Add shallots and cook over medium heat to caramelize.
- Add bourbon and cook for another 2 minutes until bourbon cooks down.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Add blackberry jam and diced mint. Reduce to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes stirring every few minutes until mixture has syrup consistency.
- Remove from heat and spoon over cooked steaks.